[pct-l] topic/humor

Lonetrail at aol.com Lonetrail at aol.com
Fri Oct 6 16:14:47 CDT 2006

AaABat:

Evidently you don't get the point. I suggested exactly what you are saying.
Start your own list.  I even gave the credit to Brick on political issues.  .I
did not call Brick a dictator. I said Brick proclaimed himself a  Dictator in
a recent email, which he has a right to.
These are quotes from Brick Oct 3  email
(Don't get too legalese and don't expect any case law to explain
things,  this list is ruled by a dictator, not constitution.  I am a
pretty laid  back dictator  and I'd rather keep my hands off. Unlike
some other list  owners )

  Pease. if you  want to respond to a post to chastise some  one read the
post carefully.
 I remember when you and a few other from the San Diego area abused  this
list others complained so much your group started their own  list,as I recall it
failed.

This is my last post I have had it with PCT-l and I am also ceasing my
membership with the PCTA.

Lonetrail

I think calling Brick a " is harsh  and cruel. Remember he runs this list
himself, paying for servers and internet  access out of his own pocket. He
deliberately stays out of most discussions,  even if highly qualified to give advice
on the PCT. He does not have to do this,  and certainly does not deserve
abuse for trying to keep the list focused and  friendly.

I love (clean) humor, but while a certain amount of light humor  keeps the
list friendly, extended off-topic humor, especially the more  "colorful"
stories, are not in keeping with the mission of the list and can make  some feel
unwelcome.

There are a number of humor email lists and news  groups to satisfy any taste
or lack of taste ;-). If that doesn't work, anyone  is free to start their
own list.

Thank you, Brick, for the wonderful job  you do making this resource
available to all  hikers.

AsABat

> Perhaps we each should have a list for  humor email and keep then of PCT-L.
> was suggested to find a  list for political issues by Brick so now I vent
on
> that list.  Sometimes its very hard to do since Brick is a self proclaimed
>  dictator

pct-l mailing  list
pct-l at backcountry.net
unsubscribe or change  options: