[pct-l] PCT-L Topic/Humor

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Oct 6 16:52:30 CDT 2006

_goforth at cio.net_ (mailto:goforth at cio.net)  writes:

The  patronizing, humorless, condemning tone of this post toward a
respondent, and  everybody else as just "serious, humorless, grouchy members" convinces
me that  you cannot hear any comment on your posts.

You see yourself as one of  the beleaguered 3 Musketeers. Fine, others can
decide what your behavior looks  like.

I was not going to post regularly  on the on the PCT-L anymore, but I have to
respond and CC them.  I guess I  am now one of the Three Musketeers.  How
about the Three Stooges  or the Three Monkeys (blind, hear, speak).

All I did was write a simple non  threaten humor post story about no sex on
the trail -- I still think it was very  creative and funny.  And it started all
this.  It can all be traced  back to me.  I am the guilty party and I have
already apologized to  everyone.

All of you are too good of people  to be mean spirited with these posts and
also the other posts I see on  the PCT-L.  No more calling people names, no
more finger  pointing, no more self-righteousness, no more critics of  the
appropriateness of posts (let the List administrator respectfully  take care of
that).  You can POLITELY agree to disagree.  No  problem.  You are fine adults and
would not want your children to act  this way.  Goodness, I hope not.

I bet if we all sat down for lunch,  we would have a great time talking about
PCT hiking, gear, and some funny  stories.  We would be buddies.

New trailname; Switchback the  Musketeer

Thanks.  I like it.......I  guess.

PS. Say, while I have your  attention over at the PCT-L, Marketing Ploy: I
have just posted my latest After  Action Report on my October Mt. Whitney
expedition -- some of my best writing  --- warning, there are some very funny sexual
connotations.   Also, there is a new post on liquid containers that you will
probably see  no where else.  See PostHoler.com and Switchback Unchained.

Regardless, still your faithful  hiking pal, Switchback the Trail Pirate