[pct-l] Hiking the PCT wihout a shelter?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Nov 30 00:22:12 CST 2006

Hermese wrote.............How bad of an idea is it to attempt a thru-hike
without a shelter?
Deems wrote...............I fully support Darwin's theory of evolution, in
that the survivors through genetic selection can improve the human genome,
and the potential for anyone to achieve the annual Darwin's award by not
adding to the genepool  by dying a memorable death through personal, yet
unwise, choices is a very notable accomplishment.
Choose a shelter wisely...........and you'll live...........at least another
day.
Reinhold wrote.............and may I add,respectfully, that should you
decide to disregard Deem's words of wisdom, to guard against your potential
early demise, I highly recommend you appoint a executor of your estate and
execute a valid will before you foolishly embark upon your wilderness
adventure without a shelter, so as not to burden your surviving loved ones
with having to administer an estate in disarray.
Remember whether, or not, you survive to live another day may, very well,
depend on the shelter you carry today.

In other words, my answer to your question is.....A  VERY  VERY BAD  IDEA.

JMT Reinhold