[pct-l] EveryTrail: View your hike from above

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Sat Nov 25 23:12:47 CST 2006

Thanks for the link. I'm planning on carrying a little GPS box with
me the whole way next year. It doesn't do navigation, it doesn't even
have a screen, so the battery lasts a little longer and I'm working
on more power saving features, possibly a solar panel, so that I
don't need to carry a load of AAs with me. with just a few regular
memory cards I hope to track the entire route and plot my photos
along it. My dad did a test run with the device and my camera up
Mount Whitney in July and it worked like a charm. I tend to use
Google Earth for viewing rather than Google Maps. The 3D landscape is
amazing.

~Craig