[pct-l] PocketMail

Dan Fenn danfenn at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 14:05:16 CDT 2006

I'm considering using PocketMail for keeping and emailing journal entries
when I thru hike the PCT next year.  I went to the PocketMail web site and
the unit seems to be pretty spiffy.

That being said, I would appreciate feedback from folks that have used
PocketMail - pros and cons.  I kept a journal when I thru hiked the AT back
in 2001 and what started as a nice, well organized endeavor ended with
journal entries on a wide assortment of different types and sizes of paper,
etc.  I also found sitting down to write with pen and paper at the end of a
long day was sometimes pretty tough to do.  It would appear that with
PocketMail, one could be a tad more spontaneous when making entries and
could easily do so throughout the course of the day.

Thanks in advance for any input folks can provide.

Disco Dan