[pct-l] Woman and horse on PCT

Tom Bache tbache at san.rr.com
Tue Dec 5 18:13:55 CST 2006

Last spring brought us a series of posts from a woman who was planning a
lone horseback transit of the PCT.  I thought about her every time I
thrashed my way around a downed tree or through a steep-sided washout.  Yes,
the PCT is mostly in great shape, and these difficult spots are a minor
thing for the hiker.  But they would look a lot different from the top side
of a horse.

Anyway -- I know some people who talked to her at Warner Springs, so she
made it that far.  But I don't recall seeing a word about her since.  Does
anybody know more about her adventure?  We need more interesting stories to
calm the restless beast within our community.

Great thing about living in Southern California -- if I start to go crazy
(but not too crazy to notice), I can just go out and hike for a few days to
calm down ...

Tom Bache
San Diego