[pct-l] re guidebook

Adam Bradley tooloouk79852 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 18:46:28 CST 2006

Hello Sly,
  Yes my friend no problem.  No fueding needed.  I am
just having fun with Yogis book.  I found it
frustrating to use as I think the language she uses is
confusing.  I am not interested in posting publicly
all the confusing portions of her book as I am not
interested in providing her with feedback after being
told to go to hell.  The black marker was used to
write in the correct mileages.  I do think she should
include a black marker whith her book as that is her
best customer service solution she can come up with
when her book proves to be inaccurate.  A common theme
I heard from those hiking around me this year 2006 on
the PCT was "I tried to contact her, but we got the I
don't know you attitude and was blown off."  Heard
that a lot.  It was actually funny as I wasn't
soliciting this info from anyone.  People just offered
it up, but not surprising there would be a distance
between the trail and the online community.  I will
give one minor example:  near mt hood there is a place
where the old pct and the new split near ramona falls.
 i was reading her book and she used terminology to
the effect "the databook goes crazy here."  A better
way to say this is the databook chooses to offer
mileages for the old PCT.  Lots of places where Yogi
attempts to clarify the Guidebooks by Schaffer and
whoever, but seems to confuse the situation with the
wording she chooses.  I am posting these in my TJ
account which may be found by going to
web.mac.com/hike4trails and selecting pct 2006 on the
about me page.  I have the first "bermuda triangle"
listed in there at mojave dam.  pretty comical as she
has 2 explanations for this neither of them much help.

I obviously would whole heartedly disagree with you
that yogi gave it her best shot.  I know as I work
customer service and If i used the language she did
with me I would be fired pronto.  But that is why I am
time and again recognized by my peers for the customer
service I offer.

 Buy the new version.
 Don't buy the new version.  Do
what works for you.  As Brian Frankle said in a recent
PCT-L post, "buy your gear wherever the hell you
want."

HYOH

yogi

I just snipped this from a reply asking for a update
she offered.  got to go way busy here.

take care adam