[pct-l] Scott's Competition

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 20:27:40 CDT 2006

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes:

Just think Switchback, if you slip  in in front of him you can claim you beat
Hall of Famer John Stamstad and  claim the unsupported JMT record.

-----------------------------------
I prefer to claim the Supported JMT  record.  That is how I am going to do my
2013 PCT thru-hike.  I  plan to have an RV meet me at every road crossing to
see if I want a shower  and a hot meal.  I will set the world record for Slack
Packing.

I might also have a pack train  go ahead of me and set up camp each night.
That way I can have hot meals  and clean clothes and a nice cot/mattress rest.
There would be a large cabin type tent  with amenities for me to sleep in too.

I would camp at popular campsites along the PCT and JMT.  That way the  other
hikers and thru-hikers can watch me eat hot corn on the cob, fresh bread,
hot steaming veggies, pizza, fresh trout, etc., etc., etc., on the  large
aluminum table with chair.  There would be a nice picnic table  cloth on the table
too along with china and crystal glasses for my chilled  wine.  I will dip my
hands in temperate lemon scented water prior to my  meal for cleansing and then
have one of the wranglers dab my lips  periodically with fine linen napkins
as I eat.

Yes, I plan to set some records  alright.

Switchback the Trail  Pirate