Re: [pct-l] Nevada Free Camping???

In a message dated 12/28/99 9:34:24 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
Montedodge@aol.com writes:

<<  User fees have a place, but
 they are sure pushing the envelope. >>

Talk about messed up, most of us entered Yosemite by trail and it was free.
A couple bailed out at Vermillion because of injury, reentered the park by
bus and both had to pay a $20 entrance fee to the bus driver.  If they had
hitched in, it would have been $20 for the carload.

I heard rumors that Shenandoah Nation Park may start charging thru-hikers
entering the park by trail to pass through.

I would think a Golden Pass of some sort, for a nominal fee should cover all
your bases where ever one hikes, with the proceeds going directly back into
the Parks and Forest Service. (but don't quote me, I haven't thought this out)

Sly