[pct-l] Foot race on the southern PCT March 12, 2000

The y2k edition of the "Smugglers 50 Miler" has been scheduled for March
12, 2000, starting and ending at Lake Morena CG. The course goes 3 miles
north and back, then goes south to the border (22 miles one way) for a
grand total of 50 miles.

Before anyone flames about "racing" on the PCT, I'd like to point out that
this event is conducted under a permit from the USFS, and has no
affiliation with the PCTA, or me, for that matter. Last year the club that
puts it on (San Diego Ultra Running Friends) spent two days cleaning up all
the litter from along the trail that is dumped by the illegals using the
trail to enter the USA. FWIW, 40 pair of running shoes swiftly traveling
the trail probably has less impact than a similar number of boot shod, slow
moving thru-hikers with packs.

All are welcome to wander out to lake Morena for the event, even if you
don't want to run it.

More info
http://www.movinshoes.com/surf/smuggler_00_new.html

-Brick