[pct-l] One person tents

Just looking through a few catologs at one person tents. The Garuda " Atman "
looks promising. Cost is 415.00. weight 3 lbs, 13 ozs. single wall 21.5
square feet but 28.5 with vestibule.  Also the Sierra Designs " Divine
Lightning " at 349.00. weight 2 lbs. 2 ozs. 18.5 square feet. length 84x
width 36x height 37. These tents are single wall with floors full mesh doors
. ( They look good but cost is up there ) Your tent for 250.00 from Mr. ( al
la Natural ) Stephenson seems like quite a bargain Thomas !! Any lightweight
options on favorite tents out there? I used a two person Eureka Timberline,
which I shared with Don Molluar from Mass. on my trip. This tent was about 8
lbs. and worked well as the older Eurekas were U.S. made ( with ripstop nylon
). This tent is the same as todays Eureka Outfitter. I would not use this
again though as I needed to have 8 lines tying it down in the late spring
Sierrras. ( still would flap like a machine gun from unsupported tent body )
Still, the A-frame design is tops for ventilation in rainy weather with a
rainfly . ( verses domes which are better in wind but lame when it comes to
venting) Oh well, you can't have everything!!