[pct-l] Re: Esbit stove

I used esbit fuel cells on my thru hike. They worked pretty well. I didn't
carry the stove itself. I would use three rocks to hold the pot. I also
carried a bit of aluminum foil to set the esbit on (so not to burn the
ground) and also to use as a wind shield.

David is right about the residue they leave on the bottom of the pot.
Another draw back is if there is a wind their heating efficiency is cut by
almost half.

If you buy them in bulk you can get them for $.50 a cell. If I were to hike
the PCT again, I would take them again.

Troubadour
www.pcthiker.com