[pct-l] Esbit Stove

Another stove to consider is the Esbit.
The stove weighs maybe 3 oz. I use a cut down MSR windscreen with it.
The Esbit fuel looks like sugar cubes wrapped in very lightweight
packaging. An ounce of the fuel, 2 cubes, will bring a quart of water
to a rolling boil even on snow. (With my alcohol stove I had to use
2 to 3 times as much.) If you have any left after cooking
you just blow it out and use the rest later. You always know exactly
how much you have left. It doesn't require any other packaging. And
it can legally be sent through the mail.
The down-side is that it leaves a residue on the bottom of the pot,
easily removed with dirt and water. Also, although the stove is cheap,
only $10 for the stove along with 3 oz of fuel, the fuel is expensive
at almost $1/oz.