[pct-l] Drop vs. shop: keeping it healthy

I agree with the food drops on the grounds that you put your nutrition at
the mercy of the store owners that will definitely being carrying all the
junk but only maybe some of the better foods. And if this junk can't support
your health off the trail (I'll argue this point with anybody until my
processor can't keep up with the speed of technology) how do you expect it
to support your health on the trial when you are making great demands of
your physical (an mental) self. Doing the mail drop is more involved and
usually taking an active role with your food preparations means you just may
get enough of the good foods to maintain your health. There are a lot of
easy and good recipes out there to use as guidelines. Check out one of my
favorites "Simple Foods For the Pack" which provides enough ideas to get you
going.

Does anybody have some good recipes or links to sites with recipes for trail
foods that are nutritious as one can get on the trail? I really like Marmots
idea of sprouting on the trail she shared with us all at the ALDHA-W
gathering (not to mention that amazing slide presentation - thank you). If
your out there Marmot can you please share some more ideas?

--
Rusty "MyTie" Johnston
pctresearch@skyrocket.com