[pct-l] Planning in general

In a message dated 11/10/99 10:34:54 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
ronm@fallingwater.com writes:

<< A good source of info is the Lynne Whelden's - How to Hike the PCT - video
 for $39.95. It's available on the PCTA website >>

This is a great source for planning for any topic that you may be concerned
about. I watched it about 6 times and it's four and a half hours long!  It's
loaded with options and advice, pick one that you think will work for you.
Mix them up.  Sadly to say, it had nothing on bears.  : )

And read journals, they put you on the trail, you'll have an idea of what to
really expect.  You can even take some of Ray's advice, especially regarding
snow and scheduling.  I like his five month plan, it makes sense, but
personally I'd stretch it out a little bit and maybe get s better taste of
Washington weather.  Yahoo!

Sly