Re: [pct-l] Warmlite sleeping bags

On 11/3/99 3:13 PM Ben Schifrin benschif@sonnet.com wrote:

>Note that Stephenson had commercial products, 30 years ago,
>incorporating most of the concepts that ultra-hikers are reinventing
>today-- vapor-barrier, reflective fabrics, no under-body crushable
>insulation and flexible ventilation.

The Stepehenson bags aare fascinating to me. But, even the thin top
version weighs in at about 4.2 pounds. Hardly ultralight for a system
rated warm down to the 20s. The bottom of the baag, not the pad, is quite
heavy in its own right. I suppose you can save weight by using a
different pad, but still.... Maybe I'm missing something here....

I do like my Stephensons tent quite a bit though.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **