Re: [pct-l] Warmlite sleeping bags

I used one on my PCT walk in the '70s-- I still have that one,
although it has lost a bit of loft. I loved it, and still use it
often. I put a 3 ounce bluefoam pad in the bottom, to replace
Stephenson's bulkier and heavier open-cell foam. I was comfy just
using the "2x" layer-- I left the 1x layer at home. The combination
bag-plus-pad was much lighter than other similar-warmth combos I
could buy at the time. I thought it was well worth the premium price,
even before my wealthy, arrogant-doctor days!

I bought a second, which I've used on all of my Himalayan climbs--
the design doesn't seem to have changed, much, in 25-plus years.

Note that Stephenson had commercial products, 30 years ago,
incorporating most of the concepts that ultra-hikers are reinventing
today-- vapor-barrier, reflective fabrics, no under-body crushable
insulation and flexible ventilation.

Also note that a Stephenson bag is GREAT mosquito protection, and my
liver is still in great shape!