[pct-l] RUCK INFO

Just a note to let ya'll know that Earl Shaffer intends to join us, again,
at the
RUCK!!! And watch for more announcements about other trail notables
who will also attend.
For Ruck info http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck/index.html
One possible change is that we may donate the money we raise through
the raffle, auction and chili contest to The Place in Damascas instead of
to Trailcare as previously planned. While we still honor Trailcare, the
situation at The Place seems to be a bit of an emergency. No decision
has yet been made but it is a possibility
AAAAAAANNND...... to remind anyone who is interested in attending this
year's RUCK, that you should make reservations for a bunk at the hostel NOW.
There has been a change in management at the hostel and the regional
management is unwilling to provide the special deal we had in the past.
In order for us to secure the whole hostel for the weekend, they would
need mucho denero up front and since we have no treasury, that is a
no go from the git go.
So in order to be sure we won't be sharing the facilities with another
group, which would eliminate any room at the inn for late comers,
we need to book as many rooms as possible as soon as possible to
show our good intentions.
To condense the above into one easy sentence.....
RESERVE YER BUNK NOW!!!!!! <G>
If you are reserving a space at the hostel, try and make them
take your credit card for a 50% deposit to make it official.
Previous reservations, made without a deposit have
sometimes disappeared.
The reservation dates are Fri eve Jan 28, 2000 and Sat eve Jan 29, 2000
Ironmaster's Mansion Hostel info
http://www.hiayh.org/ushostel/mdatreg/pinegr.htm
Ironmaster's Mansion reservation
Call 717-486-7575 between 5-10 PM, or 8-9 am
The fees are 12 per nite and a 5 dollar day use fee for Saturaday.
.
You must bring your own sheets or be charged an extra 2 dollars per nite
Latest word is that there is no camping allowed on the hostel grounds proper.
There are 74 primitive camping sites available nearby in
PINE GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK . The hostel is in the park.
So if you have the gear and the guts for a little PA winter camping....
for PINE GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK info
http://www.parec.com/state_parks/pinestpk.htm
for PINE GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK reservations
1-888-727-2757
PA residents $11 a night Non-residents $13 a night
Campers must also pay the day use fee for the hostel
The closest motels are probably in Carlisle PA.about 15-20 miles away <G>
If you make a reservation, please drop me a note so I can track the numbers.
(PLEASE PUT RUCK RESERVATION IN THE SUBJECT)