Re: [pct-l] ADZPCTKOP and Weight loss

From: Robinson, Brian A <brian.robinson@compaq.com>

:There's lots of anicdotal evidence about weight loss
:on the PCT.  ..snip.. It takes about 2-6+ weeks
:depending on how much extra weight was there
:to begin with. Women are another story. They
:seldom lose much weight at all.

Well, I have lots of (personal) anecdotal evidence showing women
losing weight on the trail in much the same way men do. Hiking
the Colorado Trail last summer, averaging about 13 miles / day,
both my daughter and I lost between 10 and 15 pounds in 6 weeks
("quickly getting down to the weight [we] were when [we] were
young and skinny" -- for my daughter, that was just a few years
ago in high school -- lost the college-freshman-10 [pounds]).

I've experienced weight loss on every trip of 3 weeks or longer.
(One week does absolutely nothing.)

Karen