[pct-l] Plans? Who needs a plan?

When I was growing up in the 60's the Plan B people were complaining that
all the Plan A people were destroying the world. So I thought cool. It's
better to be a Plan B person. Who needs money anyway.

The next generation arrived and decided Plan A was the only way to go. Boy
were we fooled. Their mantra was 1st million by 30 retire a 40. So much for
working for some kind of greater good.

Some where along the line, I discovered I had family to support so I mixed
some of both Plan A and B never being totally comfortable in either world.
Money is fine but I don't plan on becoming a slave to it.

Then a few years back I was diagnosed with the big "C" and had to face the
distinct possibility of the big "D". Needless to say Plan A,B,C,D..... all
became rather pointless. At the time the only plan I could come up with was
a discussion on the pro's and con's of purchasing wall to wall carpet or
save the money incase it might be needed if I was gone.

Since then I've not worried too much about which plan I subscribe to. Life's
just too short to worry about it too much.

I'd rather just take a hike an enjoy whatever time is left.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
Fallingwater Journals - www.fallingwater.com
Pacific Crest Trail Assoc. - www.pcta.org
American Long Distance Hikers Association - West -
www.gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw