[pct-l] re:Plans, Realities, Consequences

REalized I sent the following only to Jeff. Meant to put it on the whole
list. So here it is.

If the long distance hiker returns to work, family, etc., does not the
possibility exist to infuse adventure into routine, questioning into
routine?  Cannot "The Trip" be continued in a different environment?

My answer to Jeff's question is a heartfelt, strong, loud yes. Like him
my long distance hikes and climbs have made me a better therapist, a
better Life Coach, perhaps even a better person. Certainly a more aware person.

> Experience and experiences don't originate "out there."  They originate
> "in here."

Because I bring my "in here" to every day whether I am "out there" or
back at home, the two places are connected. I take "out there" into my
everyday life and some things from everyday life into "out there." I
left the trail earlier than planned this summer because I missed my
home, my everyday life. And I don't have a family. It wasn't about the
people. It was about having an everyday life that I love. I believe that
it doesn't have to be Plan A or Plan B. I believe we can build a Plan L
- for Life - that combines the beliefs and values and activities and
people that feed our souls and hearts; combines "out there", "at home",
and "in here" in a way that makes us whole. I've spent a great deal of
time "out there" in the last 12 years and my "at home" is better because
of it. Both are dear to me and give me excitement, serenity, joy,
freedom and success because they are both based "in here".

Ain't life grand??!! I am so blessed to have the life I have. I believe
all of us who live from our hearts, often taking the road less traveled,
are blessed. And connected. My favorite experiences on the Trail
happened when hikers' "in heres" met and connected "out there". Sweet.

Enjoy the day.

Namaste, m

--
Margo Chisholm
The Freedom Coach

"Nurture the dreams that inspire you to go
beyond your limits."
										-Unknown