[pct-l] Re: Various

Joanne Lennox wrote:
:::If anything I would have preferred a little more civilization
on the PCT. I am thinking about hiking the first 500 miles of the
PCT next spring.  It was probably the most interlaced with roads
and people, but I like that now.  It helps to root the PCT in a
certain realism for me.  I learned to love the way the trail came
down to a resupply place; where it was this piece of "wilderness"
coming to sit by the river and by people momentarily, only to
leave and wind around the higher realms thereafter.:::

Joanne, you might enjoy doing the ~500 miles of the Colorado
Trail next spring, then. The CT crosses roads (both paved and
dirt 4x4 roads) and passes close to or through towns along much
of the way. There's also quite a bit of old signs of the miners
and ranchers who were on the land before.

Karen