[pct-l] Stumps, etc.

Craig said:
>>Please don't use that evil word "clearcut", it is bad PR,
>>please use "evenly harvested forests" from now on.
>>(I've actually seen this term used)

Here in Oregon the favorite euphemisim is "forest management
activities".  An actual quote from one of Siskiyou National
Forest's trail descriptions:  "From this trail one has
excellent views of forest management activities to the south".

Oregon, however is much more enlightened than our esteemed
neighbor to the north.  In Oregon, state law requires the
logging companies to leave level stumps, so they can be
used for picnic tables.

. . Kurt Herzog