[pct-l] Off the trail and on the list

Ann and I finished at Manning Park September 19, and I'm just now getting
settled at home and back on the list.  If anyone has any information on
finishers I would love to hear news of my fellow hikers.

This is probably old news, but finishing just ahead of us were Lara and
Jason, Jersey Jim, Charlotte, Shirt, Packrat, Blake, and Junkyard Dog.
The last two weeks of our hike were in perfect weather with no snow
problems.  Does anyone know what  the weather been like in northern
Washington since we were there?

We were amazed at how many of this year's PCT hikers were on the AT in
'94.  Maybe there's a 5-year cycle.

The newspaper columns I wrote on the trail are posted on the ALDHA-east
web site, www.aldha.org/pct99.htm.

Thanks to everyone on the list who gave us tips in preparing for our hike
and cached water in the desert.  We felt your support all the way.

Annie and the Salesman
AT '94, PCT '99