[pct-l] Welcome to Washington

Welcome to Washington, the stump state!!!! As a life time resident of Wash.,
I can tell you, our forest here are a sham. ( as is the forest service  )
When someone brings up the name Gifford Pinchot, I see red. These guys (
forest service G.P. ) have raped South West Washington and couldn't manage
timber ( let alone any type of permit system ). Anyone who remember's this
area in the 60's and 70's will be in for a shock to visit it now.  For the
last few years, the G.P. has been charging hikers and climbers to death with
new fees and permits, but services and improvements have  been cut. Check out
the road to the base of Mt. Adams to improve your off-driving skills and see
your tax dollars at work!!!! ( joking ) The forest service claims they have
had major road repairs the last few years. Well, Duh, there is little big
timber now and each rainfall of 2 inches or more brings mass landslides and
creek flooding. I don't mind paying for permits if the money gets used for
improvements, but with the G.P., it just goes in some big super fund with
little seeing the Northwest. P.S. We do have some of the nicest stumps along
the entire PCT!!!!