Re: [pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #871

In a message dated 9/15/99 9:10:10 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
calliger@infolane.com writes:

<< time to move on I think, to something else...we have laid
 all the "bear facts" out for everyone to see...just be prudent with you
food--
 there is a new submersible thingy I saw-- maybe that was here? >>

How do we move on?   To water submersible techniques, fine with me.  Just how
do you squeeze all that food into a spring?  What if I do not camp near
water?  And how does one hang food in the southern PCT or above tree line
where there are no trees?

A friend of mine in Glen Auldin was dragged off with no food in his tent.  He
didn't blame it on anyone.

Yes, you should prudent with your own food  (matter of opinion) and accept
what may very well happen in the backcountry.  Please don't be blaming
another hiker that has had absolutley no problems for your mis-encounter,
especially if you've never had one..

Sly