[pct-l] Approaching Whitney from the North, JMT

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Doug Fleishman <Doug@123.com>.
* Please use <mailto:Doug@123.com> to reply to the sender.

I am approaching Whitney from Kearsarge Pass (following the JMT).  I plan on hiking approximately 10 - 15 miles per day.  I am looking for suggestions on where to stop for the evening.  Additionally, can someone recommend a camping spot for the evening prior to my Whitney ascent? (is Wallace Creek appropriate?)  On the day I ascend Whitney, what are the odds of camping at Trail Camp that night and then continuing Whitney Portal the next day.  Any advice on this segment of the trip is appreciated.  Unless you feel the information would be helpful to the group, please respond directly to me.  Thank!