Re: [pct-l] Re: Rain Gear

In a message dated 7/25/99 2:08:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
PaddyBeer@aol.com writes:

<< Have you tried the Frogg Toggs rain suits?  They are light, breathable and
relatively inexpensive.  A jacket and pants together cost perhaps $60 and
collectively weigh less than a pound >>

I have a set, but haven't had a chance to test them in the rain. I recently
carried them for 165 miles through Sections N, O and P.

In southern CA, we almost always carry rain gear, just in case. It is
certainly better to carry Frogg Toggs (at less than a pound) and not need
them than to carry conventional rain gear (at 2+ pounds) and not need those.

Has anyone out there actually put Frogg Toggs to the test (worn them in the
rain while carrying a backpack)? I know that some of the thru-hikers have
them.

What about it George & Mary Sue (Roach)?

Charlie Jones