Re: [pct-l] A nice summer walk

In a message dated 7/16/99 12:35:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
CDRRIESS@prodigy.net writes:

<< If any of the experienced hikers or water-stashers have additional
 recommendations, I would appreciate them.  Please include detailed
 directions. >>

Bob,

Since you are starting at the peak of the warm weather, I'd suggest stashing
some water in Hauser Canyon. By now, I expect the creek there is dry as a
bone.

The climb out of the canyon towards Lake Morena is south facing, hot and dry.
You should really try to hydrate yourself to the max before you start the
climb out.

I don't know how to explain how to get there, but I'm sure the locals (Lake
Morena Rangers too) can direct you. The gate is normally locked, but you
could walk in a short distance to stash your water.

Good luck and take care,
Charlie Jones