Re: [pct-l] A nice summer walk

Jeez Bob, it's hotter than hell out there.  I hiked Campo to Cibbits
Flat in June and it hurt.  There's miles of exposed ridges with no
shade.  I'd hiked the section before, but never in the summer sun. Got
my first ever heat cramps climbing up the south side of Hauser
Mountain.  I bailed at Cibbits Flat with classic heat exhaustion
symptoms even though I was guzzling water at an alarming rate.

For what it's worth, after that experience I consider hiking in hot
desert-like conditions hazardous to my health, and not fun.

Be careful, Tom