Re: [pct-l] Permethrin

In a message dated 7/14/99 2:08:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, angus@post1.com
writes:

<< (those guys are hard to kill even when you squeeze them! I had to actually
crush it between a rock and my knife), >>

You did the right thing by not trying to squish it between your fingers.  The
bacterium that causes RMSF can be passed via a small cut or skin opening on
your fingers or hand and the oozing mess you made of the tick.  You can't
tell by looking at the tick if it is a host of the disease.  UGH...those
silent killers....

Snakes don't bother me, wild thunderstorms don't bother me....it's these
sneaky, quiet, crawling, critters that give me the willies.....

A beautiful day in Vermont.
Cin