Re: [pct-l] Running shoes or hiking boots?

Tom - I did the JMT last year in running shoes.  I wore Asics Gels, they
worked fine and I still use them to run in.  One caveat:  If you are not
used to running/walking over pointed rocks, your feet will definitely
feel it, especially if you have a heavy pack.

My pack wieghed 17lbs without food or water and I definitely felt the
rocks poking through the soft soles, but my feet are tough and after a
few days it didn't bather me any more.

Good luck.

peace,
Dude in TX