[pct-l] RE: pct-l-digest V1 #802

<<
What would be the one best book or guide that I could
use to plan a 2000 hike.

The standard (only?) guidebooks are "The Pacific Crest Trail" Vols I and II
by Schaffer, et al.
You will also want to read "The Pacific Crest Trail Hiker's Handbook" by
Ray Jardine, probably more than once.

Though you may be able to find individual volumes around, I purchased mine
from amazon.com very easily.

You can, map-wise, get away with Forest Service, Trails Illustrated, etc
maps or supplement with them but you probably will want the guide books.
The resupply, water, weather, and equipment logistics of the PCT are much
harder than those of the AT.

The guidebooks cut up very easily into individual sections for carrying.

-- Dave

David B. Stockton
davstock@tiac.net