Re: [pct-l] At vs PCT

> with" so you can reap the rewards of "having done it", like you
> said.(and like putting up with school to get that piece-of-paper

Methinks to truly get something out of a hike, it takes more than the
"trophy" of completing the trail.

> they don't have time/inclination to experience the "hassle" any more
> than absolutely necessary.

A large part of why I enjoy backpacking is the "hassle".   Hiking really
does lower my stress level, and seems to induce thinking that I normally
would not do. And somehow, that tepid water and that three day old hunk
of cheddar tastes so good while gazing at a valley from a top of a
mountain.