[pct-l] Thru-Hikers of 99

Drove back from Disney up 395 the last 2 days. Met 2 thru-hikers at Big Pine,
one a girl with a Jardine bookbag type pack and a black guy who we gave a
ride to Bishop to get supplies. Stopped at Old Station, Hat Creek, Cassill
and Burney Falls as well. No thu-hikers have registered at these places yet.
About 5 section hikers have signed the registers. I showed the gal some
newpaper clippings of my thu-hike in 77 that I had brought down to share with
Greg, ( I think she thought I was mentally challeged when she saw the picture
of the old chunky Jansport and the gear that was the Norm back then.) She
even accused me of hiking in cotton! ( because I had a cotton shirt on in
monument 78 photo. The guy is atempting to become the first black pct
thru-hiker. He said he did the AT four years ago but is in utter Awe with the
PCT and it,s high country so far. ( he is very worried of snow up in
Washington, I told him not to sweat it as it will be gone when he gets their,
just don,t be to late!)