Hydration Systems

Re:
Anyone have any experiences and comments on hydration systems? I'm thinking
I'd like to use one instead of my usual Nalgenes, so I could put the water
inside the pack, close to my back, for better weight distribution.
Karen

I've tied a 100oz Camelback model to the top of my external frame pack
(rather than inside).  It is well insulated/protected--tough.  Being high
and close to the frame gives nearly the same loading effect.  It's shape is
such that it doesn't restrict access from the top, either.

I've only used it for about 50 miles of training hikes, but it seems that I
drink about 50% more than when only using a bottle/canteen. I still carry
two of these, as I'm nervous about the bladder (the Camelback's not mine,
ususally<g>) not holding up.

Oh, btw I've been lurking on this list for a year or so.  I can't tell you
how much I've learned from the debth and breadth of these postings.  A few
laughs too. Thanks.

Pete