[pct-l] Wanderlust Nomad Lite

I recommend not purchasing this tent except on a COD basis. I would not send
this company a deposit because they cannot be trusted to deliver the
merchandise.

I would have liked to show the Wanderlust Nomad Lite at ADZPCTKO but, alas I
won't be able to do so. I don't have one.

I ordered a Wanderlust Nomad Lite on 12/24/98 and sent full payment the next
day. So far I have not received a tent. I have spoken to Kurt three times and
each time he has set a due date. Each time he has not met his committment.

What recourse do I [or you] have? Not much if what you want to do is get your
money back.

Since this was a mail transaction I can sue Wanderlust and Kurt in California
Court. I can charge civil fraud because he took my money and sent tents to
subsequent orders in direct violation of his post in PCI-Digest -v1-#637 that he
would fill orders in the order received [He was quite pedantic about it]. Simply
stated, he took my money and didn't fill my order when he could have. I could
get trebel damages plus punative damages plus court costs. This would probably
cost me more than I could recover but I have the money. If you don't this avenue
won't work.

I can post negative reviews all over the web. There are many gear review sites
that, thankfully, protect us from this type of fraud.