[pct-l] Stream crossing footware

I have tried lots of options for crossing streams, and finally settled on
this method, which works well for me.  I wear a medium-weight leather boot..
if your boots are different YMMV.

Take off your boots and socks.  Remove any insole from the boot.  Put the
boots back on, over your bare foot and lace tightly.  Proceed to ford the
stream, using a good stout stick for a "third leg".  Do not try and
"rock-hop" or otherwise try to keep your feed dry.  On the far side take off
the boots, turn them sole-side up to drain and either wait for your feet to
dry or dry them with a towel or dirty shirt.  Put socks and boots back on.

The last thing you need is to cut a foot on a sharp rock, or even broken
glass.  Nor do you need to slip and fall, or lose feeling in your feet from
the cold.   The boots are unharmed by the brief immersion and will absorb
surprising little water.

. . . Kurt