Re: [pct-l] Esbit and Nomad info

Margo,

It sounds to me like you have made some interesting choices.  I'd be curious
to know what other lightweight items you have decided upon.

Personally, while I am attratcted to the light weight of the Momad tent and
the idea that it uses hiking poles in lieu of tent poles, I'm hesitant about
it as I don't like single-wall tents.  Did you consider the new Walrus
MicroSwift or other lightweight double-wall tents?

I have a Flying Wide series FF bag (can't remember the name off-hand.  My
wife and I both use it, coupling it with the Toucan groundsheet.  I often
thought that a 1-person version of this kind of approach would be ideal for
a solo thru-hike (you know, a bag used as a blanket but just wide enough for
one person, relying on the Thermarest and spare clothing to keep the bottom
half warm).