[pct-l] one more time....

Hey everybody,
        I have patiently been sitting here in Ohio reading all of these
e-mails for quite a while (man I wish I was back in CA).  I did a little
section hike in CA over my Winter Break (I think it was section C) and had
a GREAT time and learned a lot.  My pack was pretty heavy.  Unfortunately,
I bought a lot of gear before I dreamed of this crazy adventure, so a lot
of my gear is on the heavier side.  We will see what I can trim hopefully
without having to buy new gear all over again!
        Anyway, what I am really writing about is to ask the list once
again what their thoughts are on a North-South hike.  I am stuck in
college until mid-late May and can't really get around that.  I am taking
first semester of next year off so I originally thought I could easilly
go North -South finishing as late as November.  Now I am reading all of
these posts about unheard of snow conditions and huge avalanche dangers
and I checked the roster again and I am still the only one going
North-South.  Things to take into account:  I have bought snow shoes and
am prepared to use them and am willing to take a little bit longer in the
NW due to the heavy snow; I still have not got all of my stuff together so
it will take a little time after I get home from college before I can get
to the trail; I would REALLY prefer not to flip-flop all over the place,
but I guess I am willing to if it really comes down to it. So, I know it
would be preferable to leave from the North in early-mid June, but
considering this years wacky conditions, do you think I could do it
South-North?  Or, should I still plan on North-South and just bring my
snowshoes and get out of the snow as quickly as possible?  I am in pretty
good shape and feel that I could get going pretty quickly in the dessert,
but I don't know if it would be even possible to make up that kind of
"lost time."  Anyway, thanks for the input in advance.  All of you
northbounders just make me nervous telling me you have all of your boxes
ready and your packs down to 15 pounds!
I really appreciate all of the input, help, and advice I have recieved
from this list.  Thanks,
--Kristian