Re: [pct-l] FWD: 50 Mile race on the pct

Hell, I wish those runners would JOIN the PCT! We'ed have more money and more
political clout. This extreme running thing appears well organized. Further, it
is an unbelievable physical and mental achievement [running 50-100 miles in a
day] the same as thruhiking the PCT. We might have lots in common. Further,
these runners go do their extreme thing, then go to work monday morning and tell
their co-workers about it. [Thruhikers drop out of society for 5-6 months] I
would guess that these extreme runners have lots mor political clout than
thruhikers. We need them.