[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #698

At 05:54 AM 2/25/99 -0600, you wrote:

> pct-l-digest Thursday, February 25 1999 Volume 01 : Number 698
>

> Tom (reynolds@ilan.com) wrote
> >
> > Brett,
> >
> > To be honest I think that your concerns are unfounded. To equate spotting
> water
> > along a particulary dry stretch of the PCT with the elimination of nature
> seems
> > redicilous to one who has just been in the area. However, seeing that
all I
> have
> > heard on this list is disparaging remarks about our plan, perhapse we
will
> > rethink our support ideas and let everyone struggle. One thing for damn
> sure I
> > have learned in my life. Don't give someone help who doesn't want it [even
> if
> > they need it].

Hey Tom --

Please remember -- at least one of the disparagers (me) isn't even hiking this
year!
I'd hate to be (partly) responsible for you abandoning your plan, which might
be
detrimental to others that are hoping to benefit from your help.

I think people's idea of starting early and slow is a good one.  It would have
benn nice
to make it to kennedy meadows for the 15th, *and* have time for the
blisters to
heal.

-Carl

Carl Mears