Re: [pct-l] River crossings

There is a 'Forecast of Snow Melt in the Sierra' page that I used to estimate
river crossings last year [a very wet year]. It is too early to tell about this
year.

In general JMT crossings ain't bad:
1-Wallace Creek shouldn't be too bad
2-Coming down fro Glen Pass the trail and the stream mix. Wet but not dangerous.
Ditto the crossing between the two Rae Lakes
3-Woods Creek is crossed on a bridge
4-The Kings could be fast and dangerous.
5-The first wide crossing is at Evolution Valley
6-I don't remember Bear Creek being a problem
7-Rush Creek is {was} crossable on a log [how are you with logs]
8-The Crossing of Lyell Creek north of Donahue Pass could be interesting

You will find that dual hiking sticks an immeasurable help. Last year my party
crossed Wallace Creek [on the Kern, a much more difficult crossing than on the
PCT] without incident. Later that day a very sturdy man fell into a hole up to
his neck and gashed his leg badly. I remembered that hole, I told him. I put
down a foot and didn't find the bottom so I pulled my foot back up and went
another way. Why could I do this. I had four points of contact, not two or
three.

Are you haikinga lone and, If not, do you know how to use a rope to cross?