Re: [pct-l] 1999 Day Zero Planning

While I understand where Brett is coming from and acknowledge that my
opinion comes from at least a small bit of selfishness, I for one am
grateful for the willingness of Trail Angels to stash water. I'm a low
mileage person, probably averaging about 13, and less than that in the
first couple of weeks, and I admit that I am fond of the idea of not
having to carry 20 pounds of water in the desert.

I am much of the opinion that the quality of each hiker's trail
experience comes from inside us even more than from the outside, and
that degradation of that experience can happen from "bad" weather or
bugs as much as from jugs on the trail. Bugs, weather and whether or not
there is water stashed on the trail are all outside factors over which I
have no control. The attitude I bring to them is where I can alter the
experience. Enjoyment truly is a choice.

Enjoy the day.

Namaste, m

--
Margo Chisholm
The Freedom Coach

"Challenge your most cherished assumptions."
-- Unknown