Re: [pct-l] More Coyote...

Sly wrote:
>Instead of tagging the trouble bears in trouble areas and destroying
>them after several incidents, has anyone considered collaring them
>with one of invisible fence system, where the bear would get a shock
>if he entered a campground.  It not only may save lives and injury,
>but food too.  (teach those bears a lesson!)

Hmmmm, perhaps we should teach *people* a lesson by collaring *humans*
when they enter campgrounds, and administering a shock when they allow a
bear to get their food.

>rookie@olypen.com wrote:
>and help the bears understand moral ethics on stealing food!

My point is that the ethical violation is to visit the bear's home and
fail to make sure they don't get our food, become habituated to it, and
get destroyed.  If someone came into your house uninvited and left a box
of candy, would it be wrong for you to eat it?  Um, my point is that the
bears aren't stealing.  There is no ultimate solution unless people make
certain bears don't get their food.  I believe that shocking bears
wouldn't work anyway, since the negative reinforcement of the shocks
would happen in the context of the positive reinforcement of the food.

Peace,
Jeff