[pct-l] Coyote Stoves

Allen Down mentioned options on stoves.  I chose the Sierra Zip stove
because gas is hard to come by on the trail, and sometimes you'll be
packing over a week's worth of it - if you're like me and gotta have your
hot drink before breakfast, and will be cooking less-instant grgains and
pasta.... using a lot of fuel.  I say go for the zip.  No parts to clean,
my only concern is the wiring between the battery box and the stove, so
treat it gently when handling.  You can order 100 factory-made fuel bars at
10 oz. total sum for about five dollars, but I've also learned that you can
cut down Dell logs or use pellet stove fuel.   My Zip stove fits inside my
1-qut pan with the panholder tucked alongside, lid on, and in its bag.   I
still have my MSR whisperlite 2000 at home for back-up (Goes along the
lines of `don't quit your day job")!
	More trail tips:  Nalgene `hot' canteens make great hot water bottles for
frozen feet, cramps, aches, cold wet nights.  I've decided to use mine in
this fashion: bail water from the source, then filter it into my bladder,
put boiling water in at dinner to sterilize and use as a hot water bottle
at night, then use for whatever else needed in the morning (hot chocolate!)
	I just got done with first aide/CPR training - I highly recommend it for
all Trailers!  Not just for somenone else's skin, but your own.

	From Thoreau:  I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself
than be crowded on a velvet cushion
	-can we change the metaphor to carrying a 40-pound pack?-
				-Shoshanna  Coyote-Rains