Re: [pct-l] Danner boots

Three of us hiked together during our PCT thru-hike and I was the only one
wearing Danner's.  The following summer the three of us got together again to
hike the proposed ~900 mile route of the Pacific Northwest Trail.  On that
hike we all wore Danner's.  I believe that is the best endorsement a product
can have...

I'm on my 4th pair now with the first ones purchased in 1968.  I've never had
any problems.  On the PCT I had them resoled in Burney, but I'm confident they
would have made it to Canada alright.  They came in the handiest during a
night hike in the Mojave when I stepped on a Sidewinder.  It curled up over
the top of my boot and I'm glad I had a good layer of leather between the two
of us as I shook it free.  We did no more night hiking after that.

Jerry