Re: [pct-l] Snow Bridges

<< 5)  Good for probing the thickness (or thinness) of snow bridges >>

>Ahem, where am I likely to find these?  I guess I haven't been reading
my guide book nearly enough.<

Anywhere there is a lot of snow, there are generally bunches of snow
bridges. But this term can apply to a variety of locations, and they
don't have to cross water to be called a bridge. The earlier you're out
there, the more bridges can replace icy stream fords, so in that way
they are a welcome sight. Just don't fall through, because when you do,
it's not certain how far down you're going, or what you'll hit when you
get there. And it's not always easy to tell how thick they are. Take
care,

wc