[pct-l] advice for section A

For those that have not hiked much out west or in desert like conditions, a
good map sure provides piece of mind.  REI in San Diego and possibly by mail
sells a San Diego County map by Tom Harrison.  It sure provides piece of mind
that you are not too far away from water and civilization, should that be
necessary.

Adventure Traveler bookstore may also sell this by mail or online. I found it
nice to have last year, especially when snow blew me off the Lagunas twice.  I
had to road walk for a ways and the maps in the guidebook just don't have the
detail off the trail areas.  Lesson-don't start too early.

Enjoy your hike,

David Craft
Greensboro,  NC