Cc:            pct-l@backcountry.net
From:          Jeffrey Olson <jjolson@u.washington.edu>
Date:          Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:09:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject:       Re: [pct-l] horrendous poison oak

This is an aside.  Delete at will... Back when I was 23 or so, I went for a
winter walk in Tilden Park in the Hills above Berkeley.  WE trod through a
forest of tall, bare branches to get to our desired destination.  It turns
out this was a forest of poison oak.  I had it from head to toe, and in all
the unmentionable places.

Being young, naive and ignorant I did not go to the doctor.  I was poor and
stayed away from establishment types as much as possible.  Instead, I spent
about five dollars a day for three days on quarts of Mickey's Malt Liquor,
or some such powerful brew.  That was about seven quarts a day.

I remember it dulled the incredible itching, but would not recommend it to
anyone...

Jeffrey Olson
Seattle...